These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of the Stockport Appliance Centre website and every order placed with Stockport Appliance Centre.
We are passionate about our customers and the experience they have with us and do our best to ensure we meet your needs accordingly and professionally and so the following sets out the terms and conditions that apply to both you (the customer) and us (the retailer) to ensure you are treated fairly and we adhere the your statutory rights.
1. Our contract with you When you place an order with Stockport Appliance Centre, you are offering to buy the product(s) from us. Once the purchase is complete you will receive an order acknowledgement (invoice) However, your order shall only be accepted by us once we recieve the order, and verify stock availability. Only then shall a legally binding contract be formed between us. Until then we can decline to supply the goods – we will try to ensure that this never happens but we do however, reserve the right not to fulfil your order for any reason if, for example, there has been an error on the price, or our website has not been updated and stock is no longer available or similar or we simply can't supply the product you need. In the event of these circumstances we will refund you any price you’ve paid to us. To avoid this we always recommend that you contact us via telephone prior to your order to check stock availability first.
2. Availability We display our availability on the website with price and delivery details. We deliver hundreds of products each week and we try to update our website as regularly as possible but sometimes our stock displayed can be out of date, for this reason we cannot gaurentee all stock displayed on the website will be available but in the event that an item is no longer available we will always offer alternatives that are in stock but may not be displayed on our website at that time.
3. Website information We try to specify accurate descriptions for every product listed on our website. Whilst we try to be as accurate as possible, all sizes, weights and measurements quoted on the website are approximate only. Similarly, we've made every effort to display all product colours accurately. Please also be aware that colours may differ between manufacturers. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that product specifications are correct on the website, due to continual product development through research & design, specifications may change without notice.
You acknowledge and agree that: a: The copyright in the photos, videos, data and text used on our website belongs to us. or our suppliers and the general look and feel and format of our website belongs to us. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our suppliers.
b: We are entitled to change or amend our website without giving you notice (but the terms and conditions applicable when you placed your order will continue to apply to those products).
4. Prices All the prices we display may include/exclude delivery and other services such as disconnection & recycling of your old product, or connection/installation, unless stated specifically on the website. Please contact us if you are unsure before purchasing any product.
6. Delivery We deliver large appliances to Postcodes in the north west of England, Small appliances are delivered by Royal mail and parcelforce. However, from time to time we may also need to use other delivery agents.
The products we sell are often big and heavy items, so there may be certain occasions when they may be unable to get it into your property. Steps, narrow corridors, radiators and restricted parking are all things that may hinder their ability to deliver. In these situations we may be able to offer delivery to the nearest point. If not we will attempt another delivery date or give you a full refund. Occasionally something will happen out of our control like floods, snow or other adverse weather conditions, staffing issues, deliveries from suppliers etc, If you have already selected your delivery date and you're affected, we'll contact you as soon as possible to arrange alternative delivery options. We will do what we can, but cannot be held liable if we cannot fulfil delivery due to reasons beyond our control.
All delivery details are set out clearly on your invoice when you place your order.
7. Additional Services Any charges for additional services are clearly laid out on your invoice and will be displayed on the checkout page when you place your order.
We offer delivery of our large appliances which may or may not include a small fee, however when a delivery is requested that is upstairs we would always charge a fee for this as a seperate charge from any other additional charges and may only be available on certain days of the week depending on staff avaialbility. Please contact us via telephone to request pricing and availability.
Disconnection & Recycling
Disconnection is available for appliances that are plumbed into isolated water taps and cookers that are on an isolated hard-wired electrical connection. As we are not Gas Safe registered at this time we cannot connect/disconnect gas appliances.
Connection and Installations Connection is only available if it is possible. we do not drill holes, or supply and fit plumbing, or fit a ring main for your cooker.
We will not be able to connect your new items if:
a) Any electrical/plumbing supplies needed fail the delivery team's testing or are unsuitable.
b) Any water supply needed cannot be isolated or is unsuitable.
c) Any drainage/waste facilities needed are unusable.
d) Mechanical adjustments are required to the item(s) to overcome such things as water pressure etc
e) Alterations to existing plumbing and electrical are required.
f) We do no accept liability of any damage that might be caused to property when delivering moving or repairing appliances. It is up to you the customer to protect your flooring. So please make sure you talk to the engineers about this before work commences.
8. Cancellation a) If you're not happy with your product or simply change your mind you can return it within 14 days of delivery and receive a refund provided it has not been used; if you have used the appliance this may have a knock on effect on our ability to sell it to someone else. And so where the value of the product is reduced by your use we may only make a partial refund (equal to such reduced value) or subsequently charge you for the reduction in value. Your refund will be made within 14 days of collection of the appliance.
b) items bought in error that are returned would only be eligible for store credit so we always recommend checking dimensions etc are correct before purchasing
To cancel a product and request collection please click here, or call 0161 431 5511. We'll collect your large appliance for a £20.00 charge within a reasonable time from when you cancel and on a day that suits you.
Our 14 day cancellation policy does not apply to any additional services you may have paid for such as delivery or connection charges. As these services have already been carried out these are non-refundable.
In the event that your appliance breaks down don’t panic, that’s what your warranty is for. All you need to do is to contact the office on the telephone number provided on your invoice and one of our team will be on hand to help you. When calling you must make sure you have all relevant details such as make and model of appliance, invoice number, address and postcode, telephone number, and a good description of your problem, the more information we can get; the more chance we have of resolving your problem in one visit.When you call us you will be given an appointment for our engineer to visit your property to resolve the problem, unfortunately we cannot give set times only am or pm appointments. When your appointment is booked if there are any problems causing you not to be able to make your appointment please contact us at least 24 hours prior to the engineer calling as a missed appointment MAY incur a callout fee.
Our warranty covers your appliance for unlimited repairs during its warranty, in other words it doesn’t matter how many breakdowns you may have you won’t be charged for the repairs provided you adhere to the conditions stated. In the event that your appliance cannot be repaired we will exchange it for a suitable replacement of the same value but as our stock changes daily it may not always be the exact same appliance. Refunds will only be given in the event of a breakdown within the first 30 days of purchasing your appliance as per your statutory rights, after this time it is a repair based warranty only. Please note as a breakdown is an unforseen event we do not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to property or furnishings as a result of breakdown of your appliance as this should be covered under your home insurance policy.
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect your legal rights.
What's Not Covered under your warranty.
Here at Discount Washers we take pride in our warranty scheme as it generally covers pretty much everything. We only have 3 conditions to our warranty which are:
1. Blocked pumps/foreign objects.
A blocked pump is where a foreign object is blocking the pump or coin trap which in turn prevents the machine from expelling the water, This is one of the most common problems when it comes to washing machines.
Ways to prevent this from happening is to ALWAYS check all pockets in garments, check labels for items that cannot be machine washed i.e. bath mats, rugs etc. (anything with a rubbery non slip backing) anything that is likely to come off in your washing machine, and last but not least try to wash underwear and socks in a pillowcase or washable net that you can tie at the end. Socks and bras are the washing machines worst enemy as these are the most likely of things to block a pump. Socks can slip through gaps in the door seal and drum then into the pump. Most bras nowadays have support wire which is the biggest problem as these become loose and can end up in the drum and cause all kinds of problems.
Misuse can cover a whole range of things but we are more concerned with doors, soap dispensers, glass, dials etc.
When your new appliance is delivered to you it comes complete, all door hinges and drawers, handles/ knobs etc have been checked to ensure that they are in a satisfactory condition and that they will last for the usage of the appliance. We know that accidents will happen and things get broken, If this happens just give us a call and explain the situation, we will not charge the earth to put this right in most cases we don’t even charge for parts if we have satisfactory replacements in stock we would just charge a one off call out fee of £25 to cover the time and transport costs.
3. 3rd parties.
Your appliance is covered by a warranty that our company or the manufacturer has provided and as such during that time we are the only people permitted to repair it. In the event that your appliance develops a fault please do not let anyone else take a look at it, we as a company cannot rectify other peoples mistakes and if another company or another person other than our engineer opens the appliance up, then we have no option but to completely void the warranty.
10. Things beyond our control We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control. Such events include any act, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes, in particular (without limitation), the following: •Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action; or •Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; or •Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster or adverse weather; or •Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; or •Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks
Our obligations under these terms are suspended for the period that such event continues and we will have an extension of time to perform these obligations for the duration of that period. We will take reasonable steps to bring the event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under these terms can be performed despite the event.
11. Our liability to you As we offer a free connection for most appliances we cannot accept any liability for damages made accidentally when this installation takes place. we will inform you our customer of any pre-existing faults or damage to your property that we discover in the course of installation and/or performance by us.
We also offer a repair service for appliances and as such we do not accept any liability to damage of property when removing appliances from situe or refitting appliance back into situe.
Should you require any special protection for your property it is your responsibility to tell our team on arrival.
We only supply products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors;
b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
c) breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
d) breach of the terms implied by sections 13, 14 and 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
e) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
Obviously things change, we know this but in the event of moving house please ensure that you notify us to change the information we hold for warranty purposes. Also please ensure that the appliance is moved safely and handled with care to ensure that no problems occur, also you must ensure that it is refitted correctly as our warranty doesn’t cover any damage whilst being transported to another property or any poor installations at a new property, however in these cases we will still do our best to help you to put things right, all you need to do is give us a call and we will get things moving in the right direction. Failure to notify of change of address may result in your warranty being void
Should you decide you want to sell your appliance on for whatever reason the warranty that comes with your appliance is none transferrable which means that it is only valid to you and your address and therefore cannot be sold on with the appliance.
Your invoice given to you at point of sale is also your warranty and proof of purchase and as such you must keep it safe for the duration of the warranty as this will be requested in the event of a breakdown, Should you lose your warranty we can provide a replacement at a cost of £25.00. This is simply an administration charge for one of our team to find your invoice from our hundreds of copies as this process is very time consuming. If your purchase was made using a credit/debit card your bank statement can be used as proof of purchace but as we offer a choice of warranty duration options this is not proof of warranty terms.
We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
a) supply and deliver the products;
b) process your payment for such products; and
c) You agree that we may pass your personal information to our delivery agents or credit reference/fraud preventions agencies and that they may keep a record of any search that they do. We will not pass on your personal data to any other third party without your consent.